Republic Airways Holdings Finance and Accounting Intern - Summer 2020 in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Republic Airways, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airways is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Program Overview :
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, is growing to a fleet of over 220 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our business strategy was developed by an experienced team of senior airline executives and incorporates sound business strategies and insights for the development and management of airlines operating throughout the United States. Our Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles and Culture Statement guide each decision we make and each flight we operate.
Program Overview and Benefits : Republic Airways is proud to offer an internship program that prepares students for the workforce. While we provide resources to help interns sharpen skills and make meaningful contributions in their department, we also provide the following during the internships:
· Mentorship program
· Ability to shadow various departments
· Cross-departmental exposure through potential projects
· Intern outings / field trips to help better understand the aviation industry
· Opportunities to work from the Company’s various locations
· Housing stipend available if qualifications are met
· Paid Holidays
· Additional opportunities to work with other interns directly on projects
· Service opportunities to work with Republic’s various charitable partners
· Ability to work with external industry entities
· The possibility of traveling for work
· Access to the corporate Fitness Center
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
· Performs entry-level professional work, gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility as the intern receives on-the-job training.
· Participates in long-term projects as assigned by their individual managers. These projects will help further the company’s mission and goals.
· Fully utilizes the capabilities and functions of standard office software applications such as data management, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing in completing assigned projects.
· May prepare reports, presentations, operational documents and correspondence containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content related to business and operational activities subject to review and editing by higher-level staff members.
· Presents projects, ideas, and findings to higher-level staff members.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Strong research and problem solving skills. Makes decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to previously established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low. Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
Republic Airways is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
At Republic Airways, our vision is to be America’s regional airline of choice, and our 6,000 associates work together each day to achieve that by providing a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. Whether the role is on the aircraft or in the office, every person at Republic contributes to our success and our family-oriented work environment.
Since our founding in 1974, we’ve grown to become the world’s largest operator of the Embraer 170/175 jet, flying more than 1000 flights daily for our partners, American Airline, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. Beyond our operations, we’re focused on sharing our time, talents and treasures with our community—both locally and globally.
Join Republic Airways where you will find opportunities, reach new heights and be part of something bigger than yourself. Republic Airways, opportunity elevated.